Come and enjoy Newstead. Just a quick trip west of Castlemaine. Here you’ll find an extraordinary community of artists, with open studios to delight and intrigue. Stop for a coffee or a meal at Dig Cafe, our local good food café, have a drink at one of our two pubs – one on each side of the Loddon River, or visit local wineries a few minutes drive north – Welshmans Reef or Chapples Cairn Curran Estate. And there is also the Railway Hotel, just across the road from the Newstead Arts Hub (look out for exhibitions at the Arts Hub).
Visit our Open Studios in 2019 as part of Castlemaine State Festival.
- Open Studio times: 10am to 5pm, Weekends Sat 23-Sun 24 and Sat 30-Sun 31 March. Some studios may be open during the week – check each studio page – or by appointment.
- Download our Pocket Guide: You can download our Open Studios art trail map and our Pocket Guide (with map as well) to the Newstead Open Studios Art Trail. Copies of our Pocket Guide will be in every studio – and at Sarah Koschak Ceramics too.
- We’d love it if you shared or posted up our poster – at home, work, school or your local shop or share it with friends
- Check out our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram
- More about Newstead? Visit the Newstead website or Facebook page
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Contact Newstead Open Studios: email@example.com