Newstead Open Studios art trail is a locally-inspired and crafted event, held annually since 2015 and based in and around Newstead, in the heart of Victoria’s goldfields region.
Each year we open our studios to you, our visitors. There will be lots of beautiful and diverse art for sale at each of the studios, you might even make a purchase or two.
Visiting a studio is special: come inside, look around, and ask questions and we’ll happily share a story or two about what we make and why. It’s a feast for the senses.
Newstead is just a quick trip west of Castlemaine. Stop for a coffee or a meal at Dig Cafe one of our two great cafes, have a drink at our ‘local’ The Crown, or visit local wineries a few minutes drive north – Welshmans Reef or Chapples Cairn Curran Estate. Don’t forget to visit the Newstead Arts Hub while you are in town.
In 2020 our studios are open as part of Arts Open.
- Open Studio times: 10am to 5pm, Sat 7, Sun 8 & Mon 9 March (Labour Day long weekend) plus Sat 14 & Sun 15 March 2020. Alternative times by appointment.
- Download our Pocket Guide: You can download our Open Studios art trail map and our Guide (with map as well) to the Newstead Open Studios Art Trail. Copies of our Pocket Guide will be in every studio – and at Sarah Koschak Ceramics too.
- We’d love it if you shared or posted up our poster – at home, work, school or your local shop or share it with friends
- Check out our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram
- More about Newstead? Visit the Newstead Facebook page