Newstead Open Studios art trail is a locally-inspired and crafted event, held annually since 2015 and based in and around Newstead, in the heart of Victoria’s goldfields region. Each year we open our studios to you, our visitors. There will be lots of beautiful and diverse art for sale at each of the studios, you might even make a purchase or two.
Join us in 2022 as part of Arts Open.
- Open Studio times: 10am to 5pm, Sat-Mon 12, 13 & 14 and Sat-Sun 19-20 March 2022. Alternative times by appointment.
- Download our Pocket Guide: You can download our Newstead Open Studios art trail guide here. Copies of our Pocket Guide will be in every studio – and at Sarah Koschak Ceramics too.
- Share our poster – at home, work, school or your local shop or share it with friends
- Check out our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram
- More about Newstead? Visit the Newstead Facebook page
Visiting a studio is special: come inside, look around, and ask questions and we’ll happily share a story or two about what we make and why. It’s a feast for the senses.
Newstead is just a quick trip west of Castlemaine. Stop for a coffee or a meal at Dig Cafe our local cafe, shop at The Mud Room, have a drink at our ‘local’ The Crown, or visit local wineries a few minutes drive north – Welshmans Reef or Chapples Cairn Curran Estate. Don’t forget to visit the Newstead Arts Hub while you are in town as our open studios artists are there as well!
Thanks to Mount Alexander Shire
Newstead Open Studios 2022 is supported by the Mount Alexander Shire Council Events Grants Program.
Thanks to all our wonderful sponsors
Our artists live and work on Dja Dja Wurrung country. We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Dja Dja Wurrung people as the traditional custodians of this land and to their Elders past, present and emerging. We extend that respect to any First Nations people visiting our studios.