Newstead Open Studios art trail is a locally-inspired and crafted event, held annually since 2015 and based in and around Newstead, in the heart of Victoria’s goldfields region. Each year we open our studios to you, our visitors. There will be lots of beautiful and diverse art for sale at each of the studios, you might even make a purchase or two.
Join us in 2021 as part of Castlemaine State Festival.
- Open Studio times: 10am to 5pm, Sat & Sun 20-21 and 27-28 March 2021. Alternative times by appointment.
- Download our Pocket Guide: You can download our Newstead Open Studios art trail guide here. Copies of our Pocket Guide will be in every studio – and at Sarah Koschak Ceramics too.
- Share our poster – at home, work, school or your local shop or share it with friends
- Check out our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram
- More about Newstead? Visit the Newstead Facebook page
Visiting a studio is special: come inside, look around, and ask questions and we’ll happily share a story or two about what we make and why. It’s a feast for the senses.
Newstead is just a quick trip west of Castlemaine. Stop for a coffee or a meal at Dig Cafe or New Boots Cafe – our two great cafes, shop at The Mud Room, have a drink at our ‘local’ The Crown, or visit local wineries a few minutes drive north – Welshmans Reef or Chapples Cairn Curran Estate. Don’t forget to visit the Newstead Arts Hub while you are in town.
Thanks to all our wonderful sponsors