Explore Newstead and surrounds by following our art trail. See the works of artists, printmakers, painters, jewellers, glass and fibre artists, sculptors and potters in their own studios.
Click on an artist to find out more about their work. Download our pocket Guide to find your way around all our studios.
Our studios are open 10am to 5pm, Sat, Sun & Mon 12-14 March and 19-20 March, 2022, or by appointment.
- Chris Johnston (ceramics) & Rhyll Plant (printmaking): Place Matters Studio, 10 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Chrisanne Blennerhessett (printmaking) and Diane Thompson (sculpture), 60 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Leone Wallace (fibre artist), 494 Newstead-Maldon Road, Welshmans Reef
- Glenn Armstrong (Metal sculpture, painting, lighting), 22 Fishermans Road, Welshmans Reef
- Angie Izard (Ceramics), Julie Patey (Painting), Sally Roadknight (Fibre artist), 12 Lyons Street, Newstead
- Sarah Koschak (ceramics), 6a Panmure Street, Newstead
- David Bradtke (painting), 5 Lyons Street, Newstead
- Carol de Graauw (silversmith, ceramics) and Lil de Graauw, 26 Wyndham Street, Newstead
- Selina Wilson (painting), 38 Hilliers Street, Newstead
- Marcus Hotblack (painting), 1 Clarkes Lane, Newstead
- Nature in Time exhibition: Bronwyn Silver, Bernard Slattery, Patrick Kavanagh, David Tatnall (photography)
Prue McAdam (painting) & Richard Sullivan (printmaking)
Newstead Arts Hub, 8A Tivey Street, Newstead
- John Perry (painting), 4 Racecourse Road, Newstead
- Roger McKindley (sculpture), Antares Iron Art Garden, cnr Punt Road and Brandt Street, Newstead
- Belinda Prest (drawing), Tegwen Prest (painting) and Trefor Prest (sculpture), 136 Newstead-Daylesford Road, Strangways
And while you are in Newstead, stop for a cuppa at Dig Cafe, 13 Lyons Street (cnr Panmure St) Newstead: open daily 8.30-4pm, and to 8.30pm on Fridays for dinner (digcafe.com.au or 5476 2744).
Visit The Mud Room, 16a Lyons St, Newstead for delightful homewares and pantry treats, open Fri-Sun 10am-4pm.
Head up to Welshmans Reef Vineyard, Maldon-Newstead Rd, Welshmans Reef, open Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm.