Explore Newstead and surrounds by following our art trail. See the works of artists, printmakers, painters, jewellers, glass and fibre artists, sculptors and potters in their own studios.
Click on an artist to find out more about their work. Download our pocket Guide to find your way around all our studios.
Our studios are open 10am to 5pm, Sat & Sun 20-21 and 27-28 March, 2021, or by appointment.
- Chris Johnston (ceramics) & Julie Patey: Place Matters Studio, 10 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Chrisanne Blennerhessett (printmaking) and Angie Izard (ceramics), 60 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Diane Thompson (sculpture) & Ken Killeen (drawing, painting, mixed media sculpture), 75 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Leone Wallace (fibre artist), 494 Newstead-Maldon Road, Welshmans Reef
- Sarah Koschak (ceramics), 6a Panmure Street, Newstead
- David Bradtke (painting), 5 Lyons Street, Newstead
- Carol de Graauw (silversmith, ceramics), Wendy Dwyer (glass), and Lil de Graauw, 26 Wyndham Street, Newstead
- David Golightly (mixed media), 2 Monash Street, Newstead
- Selina Wilson (painting), 38 Hilliers Street, Newstead
- Prue McAdam (painting) & Richard Sullivan (printmaking), Andrew Kimpton (sculpture) at Newstead Arts Hub, 8A Tivey Street, Newstead
- John Perry (painting), 4 Racecourse Road, Newstead
- Roger McKindley (sculpture), Antares Iron Art Garden, cnr Punt Road and Brandt Street, Newstead
- Belinda Prest (drawing) and Trefor Prest (sculpture), 136 Newstead-Daylesford Road, Strangways
And while you are in Newstead, stop for a cuppa at Dig Cafe, 13 Lyons Street (cnr Panmure St) Newstead: open daily 8.30-4pm, and to 8.30pm on Fridays for dinner (digcafe.com.au or 5476 2744), or to New Boots Cafe, 16 Lyons St, Newstead, open Thurs. to Sat. 8.30am to 4pm (0492 867 319).
Visit The Mud Room, 16a Lyons St, Newstead for delightful homewares and pantry treats, open Fri-Sun 10am-4pm.
Head up to Welshmans Reef Vineyard, Maldon-Newstead Rd, Welshmans Reef, open Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm.