Explore Newstead and surrounds by following our art trail. See the works of printmakers, illustrators, painters, photographers, jewellers, glass artists, sculptors and potters in their own studios.
Click on an artist to find out more about their work. Download our full Guide or just our Open Studios Art Trail map to find your way around all our studios.
Our studios are open 10am to 5pm on 7, 8 & 9 March (Labour Day long weekend) and 14-15 March 2020.
- Chris Johnston (ceramics) & Andrew Kimpton (sculptor): Place Matters Studio, 10 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Chrisanne Blennerhessett (printmaking) and Angie Izard (ceramics), 60 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Diane Thompson (sculpture) & Ken Killeen (drawing, painting, mixed media sculpture), 75 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Prue McAdam (painting) & Richard Sullivan (printmaking), Red Door Gallery, 15 Lyons Street, Newstead
- Sarah Koschak (ceramics), 6a Panmure Street, Newstead
- Carol de Graauw (silversmith, ceramics) and Wendy Dwyer (glass), 26 Wyndham Street, Newstead
- David Golightly (mixed media), 2 Monash Street, Newstead
- Selina Wilson (painting), 38 Hilliers Street, Newstead
- Photographers of the Goldfields, Newstead Arts Hub, 8A Tivey Street, Newstead
- Roger McKindley (sculpture), Antares Iron Art Garden, cnr Punt Road and Brandt Street, Newstead
- Belinda Prest (drawing) and Trefor Prest (sculpture), 136 Newstead-Daylesford Road, Strangways
And while you are in Newstead, stop for a cuppa at Dig Cafe, 13 Lyons Street (cnr Panmure St) Newstead: open daily 8.30-4pm, and for dinner on Fridays (digcafe.com.au or 5476 2744), or head up to Welshmans Reef Vineyard, Maldon-Newstead Rd, Welshmans Reef, open Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm.