Click on an artist to find out more about their work. Download our Open Studios Art Trail map to find your way around all our studios.
Most studios are open Sat 23 & Sun 24 March and Sat 30 & Sun 31 March 10am to 5pm. Sarah Koschak (Studio 7) is open daily 22-31 March 10am-5pm, and Roger McKindley (Studio 12) and Belinda & Trefor Present (Studio 13) are open daily 23-31 March 10am-6pm.
- Chris Johnston (ceramics) & George Duckett (painting): Place Matters Studio, 10 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Chrisanne Blennerhessett (printmaking) and Frances Guerin (ceramics), 60 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Diane Thompson (sculpture) & Ken Killeen (drawing, painting, sculpture) , 75 McMillan Road, Green Gully
- Leone Wallace (fibre art), 494 Newstead-Maldon Road, Welshmans Reef
- Norm Close (painting and drawing), 493 Newstead-Maldon Road, Welshmans Reef
- Prue McAdam (painting) & Richard Sullivan (printmaking), Red Door Gallery, 15 Lyons Street, Newstead
- Sarah Koschak (ceramics), 6a Panmure Street, Newstead
- Mary Caspar (painting, ceramics, mixed media), 11 Panmure Street, Newstead
- David Golightly (mixed media), 2 Monash Street, Newstead
- Kristin Scherlies (painting and mosaics), 2D Palmerston Street, Newstead
- Selina Wilson (painting), 38 Hilliers Street, Newstead
- Roger McKindley (sculpture), Antares Iron Art Garden, cnr Punt Road and Brandt Street, Newstead
- Belinda Prest (drawing) and Trefor Prest (sculpture), 136 Newstead-Daylesford Road, Strangways
And while you are in Newstead, don’t forget to visit:
- Dig Cafe, 13 Lyons Street (cnr Panmure St) Newstead: open daily 8.30-4pm, and for dinner on Fridays (digcafe.com.au or 5476 2744)
- Newstead Arts Hub Exhibition The End of Night – open Sat 23 & Sun 24 March and Sat 30 & Sun 31 March 10am to 5pm. Check the Newstead Arts Hub website for further details
- Eat My Art Exhibition – Newstead Community Centre. The biennial exhibition of the Newstead Art Salon, Eat My Art will be an exciting opportunity to explore the diversity of artists resident in Newstead and surrounds. Open each day during the Castlemaine State Festival, 23-31 March 2019.